Bond — in American, customs bond — in Ukrainian
Bond — in American, customs bond — in Ukrainian

In order to successfully import cargo, it is necessary to go through many stages of registration, pay taxes, obtain guarantees and permission for transportation. And also issue a customs bond. Today we will tell you how to get a Bond (customs bond) and why it is necessary.

What is Bond?

A customs bond or mint bond is a contract between an importer and a company that provides a guarantee for the goods. The presence of the document is checked by the US Customs and Border Protection. The document is required to guarantee the payment of import taxes when the goods enter the United States. Note that the customs bond is issued for all categories of goods.

What are the types of customs bonds?

You can issue a bond once, and then it will cover only one customs declaration of one batch of goods. Or you can buy an annual Bond, which will allow you to import goods during the year and save a lot of money. We tell you why and what is the difference between these variants of customs declarations.

- One-time Bond — the minimum price is $65, but if the invoice is more than $5,000, then +5$ for every thousand. It covers one-time customs importation of one consignment. The USA does not issue one-time Bonds more than 3 times a year, this process is controlled by border services and customs. Please note that both a Bond and an Entry Bond must be issued for sea transportation.

- Annual Bond — costs $500 and is valid for one year. It differs from a one-off in that it has an EIN number in addition to an identification number. The bond is independent of the customs broker, that is, if you change the specialist to another, the annual Bond will still be valid.

What you need to pay attention to - both types of Bond can be different in value. It all depends on the type and quantity of cargo you are importing. The minimum bond prices are specified in the article.

What you need to do to get a Bond

First, find a reliable customs broker. Our company employs specialists who will help solve all import issues and draw up documents for transportation. The advantage of having a broker is that everything will be done for you and in the shortest possible time.

The second is to obtain a customs bond. If you already have a broker, they will handle the process of clearing the Bond through US Customs. Purchases a continuous or one-time bond (which you choose), completes an online application, gets it approved (it takes one day). The final stage will help import the goods within 2 days.

In what cases should and should not receive a Bond

A Bond is required when the import is for commercial use and the product has a value of more than $2,500. That is, if you are an entrepreneur and want to sell your product, having bought it for $2,500, then an import deposit (Bond) is necessary. And when your shipment must meet federal regulations. There are categories of goods that are subject to additional rules and regulations of institutions — their import is more expensive, because the amount of the deposit must be three times the value.

Let's draw an analogy to make it easier for you to understand. Your bond is the ticket that will help your goods enter the United States. While you are purchasing a customs bond, the product will be at customs waiting for confirmation. It will be released only after receiving permission to release the product.

Everything is simple enough, but it is much easier to work with a customs broker who will individually approach the issue of issuing a Bond for your transportation. If you are looking for such a specialist and plan to scale seriously, we will become reliable partners who will cover all issues of transportation and document processing. To learn more about our services, go to the main page of the site and order a callback. Our manager will advise you and we will be able to discuss all terms of cooperation.

Articles you may like
Do you want to receive regular useful content?
Leave your mail
© DiFreight LLC
st. Kyivska, 4
For US